Only Me [Seulrene Fanfiction]

        Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.

            A beautiful petite woman with pale skin sat on her chair behind her own study desk inside the huge room of her office. Oh, the entire building is hers as well. Her employee calls her The Almighty Bae, comes from her name, Bae Joohyun. Crossing her legs as she sips her favorite tea, she sighs at the sight of her piled up papers and her soundless personal smartphone. No notification on her phone irritates her the most. Especially when she knows, the notification she's waiting for from her girl won't come at these hours anymore.

            Yes, anymore. That means she used to receive them at these hours. She scoffed at the thought of the night they had the argument. A supposed to be romantic dinner screwed up by their own problems. It is normal for couple to have bickers here and there, no?

Flashback

            A classy romantic lit dinner is arranged by the one and only Bae Joohyun, the CEO of a famous clothing line in South Korea for her one and only girl she cherish the most, Kang Seulgi. A model that works for her new products since two years ago. Today, they dine in such fine hotel to celebrate their first anniversary together. Wine glasses clanked as they cheered, smile plastered on both of their lips. They waited for the dessert to come and decided to talk how their day went. Isn't it such a normal thing to do as a couple? That's when their conversation went deep and serious.

            "Hyun. Tell me more about being a CEO? Does anyone has ever betray you or stab you behind your back?" Seulgi asked.

            "You really want to know such obvious answer, love?" Joohyun giggled at how gullible this girlfriend of hers.

            A bear-like grin is visible upon Seulgi's face as she sheepishly giggle. 

            "Well.. Is it wrong to ask such things from you directly though..?" Seulgi pouted.

            "I'm used to it. I mean, we can search for money easily but not trust and loyalty. That's why it hurts more when the one that close to you is the one who stabs you behind your back. Thinking that you have all in the world when you got them on your back when it turns out that they're the one who's going to stab you at the end." Joohyun sighed as soon as she finished her sentence, eyes stared deeply into her lover's. 

            Seulgi shifted uncomfortably when Joohyun sat there, looking all powerful and soft at the same time. 

            "I may made such mistakes unconsciously or my decision hurting your feelings please do tell me and we talk it out together. Satisfying your needs is one of them but I need to make sure that we're both happy and safe, don't you think? I'll only ask one thing from you. Stay loyal to me, love? I don't think that I can live well without you." Joohyun finished her sentence seriously, a slight smile upon her face. 

            Then again, Seulgi gulped yet she nodded. Joohyun hold her lover hand before intertwining their pinky fingers. Smiling like a kid, Joohyun chirped like a kid. "Pinky promise!"

            "Mhm. Pinky promise." Seulgi cleared her throat.

            "Remember that I despise liars." Joohyun playfully exclaim.

            As soon as they finished their food, they went to Joohyun's mansion since Seulgi melted at the older's aegyo to make younger girl to have a sleepover at her mansion. Tomorrow is Saturday anyway. Relaxed in each other arms on Joohyun king sized bed, Seulgi still hasn't let go of her phone since an hour they reached the mansion yet keep rejecting the incoming calls. 

            Annoyed, Joohyun grabbed her lover's phone and answered the call. Seulgi jumped out of the bed to reach her phone with an angry expression mixed with worries written all over her face. Right before Seulgi reached her phone, a woman's voice were heard.

            "Baby! You said that you'll sleepover at my place today!! I miss you and I love you more than that old woman. Just hurry up suck her money dry and we can live faraway where she can't reach you!" The caller said.

            Joohyun unusually calm demeanor shocked Seulgi. Until Joohyun pressed the red button on the phone, returning the device to its owner. Seulgi grabbed her phone and fidgeted uneasily.

            "So, do you really wait for me to ask who's that woman and what's her business with you, Seul?" Joohyun asked her lover with an expressionless face.

            "I don't know who's she--" Seulgi's sentence cutted off by Joohyun's voice.

            "Don't lie to me!" Joohyun raised her voice an octave higher.

            "I'm not! Aren't you ashamed of yourself for doubting me on our anniversary, Joohyun!?" Seulgi raised her voice at her lover as well.

            "It's should be you who needs to be ashamed of yourse-" Joohyun banters cutted off by roaring voice of Seulgi.

            "For pete's sake, Joohyun! I'm not cheating on yo--" Seulgi's words cutted off when Joohyun opened her drawer and pulled out a pile of brown envelopes before throw it on her lover's face. A tear-stained cheeks and glassy eyes looking straight at Seulgi.

            "Tell me what is this then? Don't even try to lie." Joohyun spoke rather quietly.

            Seulgi opened the envelopes only to find pictures of her and other woman at different places, from her apartment to Seulgi's car. Seulgi's jaw dropped at the newly found information and thinking hard how to cover up this mess and that is, avert the topic.

            "You stalked me?! That's a violation of my privacy!" Seulgi screamed at Joohyun.

            "Averting the topic I see. Didn't I say I despise liars before, Love?" Joohyun stepped closer to the screaming woman.

            "Okay if that's what you want. Yes. I cheated on you. Oh, no. I USE YOU, Bae Joohyun! I need the money to keep on living. I need the money to survive in this cruel world. And of course, I need the money to go overseas with my real girlfriend and have our wedding there!" Seulgi confidently spitted out the truth on Joohyun's face.

            "I know." Joohyun chuckled.

            "What?" Seulgi dumbfoundedly stared at the woman.

            "Both of you are so desperate for money." Joohyun snickered yet lift Seulgi's chin up.

            "Of course! Loyalty? Bullshit. I only love her not you! We love each other that much!!" Seulgi tried to push her luck this time.

            "Wooo, scary. But you know what's scarier? Your lover left you because of money." Joohyun chuckled.

            "Yes! You need to be scared of that! Because, bye. I'm leaving and we're over." Seulgi quickly packed up her things and stand right in front of the door.

            "No no no. I'm talking about you here. You trust your girl at home that much, Seul?" Joohyun asked.

            "What are you talking about?! Stop twisting your words and tell me straight!" Seulgi frustatedly stomped her feet.

            "Your lover. Left you. For money. Kang Seulgi. I gave her some of my wealth and poof! She agreed to break up with you and let me have you for myself." Joohyun said.

            "You.. you're sick. I don't believe you!" Seulgi panicked and hurted at the same time, trying to twist the door knob and hurriedly left the mansion, only to find out it's locked and Joohyun's personal bodyguards are around the mansion. Joohyun walked closer to the panicked figure and pinned the younger against the door.

            "Didn't I said that I despise liars? Only me can love you this much, Baby." A sick grin plastered on Joohyun face, completely opposite of Seulgi's frightened expression.

Flashback Ends

            Joohyun is on her way home, humming her favorite tune from the passenger's seat with a smile on her face. Arrived at her mansion, she throws away her luggage and went straight to the basement. Smiling sweetly at the two guards in front of the door, she walked inside the room. 

            A cozy room with a king sized bed and a bathroom installed inside, a disheveled looking woman lay on top of the bed with such bloody red eyes and sunken cheeks. Looking furious yet pleading silently at Joohyun's approaching figure with a syringe on her hand. 

            "How are you feeling, Seulgi baby?" Joohyun asked.

            "Stop the chit chat and release me, witch!" Seulgi thought she's screaming, but all Joohyun hear is such a needy whimper from her younger lover.

            "Is that how you ask your Joohyun, baby?" Joohyun stabbed the needle against Seulgi's forearm and the younger winced in surprise.

            "I don't give a damn abo-- AAAAA-" Seulgi squirmed once Joohyun moved around the needle, not injecting the liquid yet.

            "I didn't tell you to be rude, Kang Seulgi." Joohyun said.

            "I love you, Joohyun. Please don't let your Seulgi suffer. Please. I beg you. Joohyun, Please. I love you." Seulgi weakly said.

            "I love you more, My Seul. And I always be." Joohyun injected the liquid right after she kissed Seulgi's pale lips. Seulgi's eyelids slowly closed by itself as Joohyun caressed her lover's cheek.

            "Good night, Seul. I love you....as much as I hate you." Joohyun walked out of the room and locked the door. 




            From that day, Joohyun never tried to open the door anymore. 

            No one knows what happened with the person inside the basement. Even Joohyun herself.



___________________________________________________________________________________

    This is a one-shot fanfic of K-pop pairing called Seulrene which is Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun in a group called Red Velvet. This is purely fictional and please do check out for disclaimer here.  

    Please do leave comment or anything below. See you on my next posts, dear readers!

Comments